Saturday, September 12, 2009

what do I say to that?

I just had the following conversation with my seven year-old son (who is going on eight in a few months):

Him : Phew, that was easier than I expected.

Me : What?

Him : Dealing with Julia. (sounding like he is more like 7 going on 38).

Me : Oh... okay... Um, Stu, thanks for telling Julia that you were down here, but you know it's Mama's job to deal with Julia right? I'm the grown-up.

Him : Well yeah...

Me : Stu - do you feel like you have to act more grown-up when Dad's away?

Him : (non-committal noise)

Me: Stu? You don't have to be a grown-up you know. I appreciate when you help me with things and try to get along with Julia, but you don't have be a grown-up.

Him : Yeah, I know... it's just that... when Dad's away and Nana's not here I feel like I am the Dad replacement. You know, so I have to act like an adult.

Ouch.

I explained that he doesn't have to but I am not sure he believes me. I gave him a really good answer about being a kid and that Mama was the adult etc etc etc... and he kind went "uh-huh..."

Then again, he just tattled on her. Sigh. The bickering is what I would LOVE to have them stop.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh ouch indeed! I'm sorry, hun. But great job identifying the problem. That took some good mommy-ing, that did.

Mrs. G. said...

He's your little man.

The bickering might last for a while...I'm not going to crush your spirit and tell you how long. I will tell you that my two bickerers are showing signs of being really good friends now. They talk about me behind my back, not always in a bad way...I think that's a good sign. They also have their own code words.

Anonymous said...

Sac Hermes
Sac Pas Cher
Sac Louis Vuitton
Sac Hermes Pas Cher
Sac Louis Vuitton
Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher
Sac Hermes Birkin
Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher
Sac Pas Cher
Sac Hermes Kelly
sac à main pas cher
Boutique Hermes Sac Pas Cher Marque
Le Kelly Hermes
Wedding Dresses
Bridesmaid Dresses
Prom DressesQuinceanera Dresses
Discount Wedding Dresses
Wedding Dresses
Bridesmaid Dresses
Prom Dresses

Sylvester Asuquo said...

Follow with caution

Potansiyel said...

sexs yaparken beni amcığa doyuracak ben de ona yarrak yediğini bildireceğim ve sınırsız olacak her türlü pozisyonda sexs yapmak istiyorum