Saturday, August 29, 2009

change is in the air

Fall is coming - the days are cooler (or the pouring rain today) and you can feel that it's time for a change.

Change of school next week - my stomach is in small knots for the Stu. They were big knots until we went to pick up his school supply list yesterday and met his teacher. She is lovely. Lovely. I have a good feeling about this. Now let's just hope he clicks with some of the kids. It's hard sending him in there on his own, my sweet boy who can have so much trouble communicating with other people. I hope this school will help him to feel comfortable in his own skin.

I am tired of my blog - look at that hideous template (which I liked at the time, but that time was an insomniac night). I have been feeling like a fraud as of late - not so european-ey. My blog title almost mocks me, I think it's time for a change. A move to another title. Possibly even change from blogger. Hmmm. I have some long afternoons in the cafe around the corner from the school in my future. Maybe I will finally get my blog how I would like it.

Marc is touching up paint (legacy of bad contractor). Feels like moving on a bit. I am going to go and pack up all those baby gifts I never seem to mail and get them out the door. The wheels are turning... new school, new season, new, new, new... it's kind of exciting.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Have a wonderful 'first day back to school'. I'm sure that your kids will have a fantastic start to the year. Go have coffee with the ladies and enjoy the Fall weather.

My boys have finished their 1st week back... both of them are in middle school!!! Time flies. Sigh. I like middle school, but I already miss them being in elementary school. Gabe is already talking about going away to University..... Time really flies.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Fall always feels like the true beginning of the years. I can't wait to hear about the changes in your world.